Hey, there, everyone who was in my content strategy workshop. Sorry this was late. But it should be thorough! (Complete deck is at the end.)
Three I strongly recommend:
- Content Strategy for the Web, by Kristina Halvorson
- The Elements of Content Strategy, by Erin Kissane
- Clout, by Leen Jones
There are more books you can get, but start with this three, and I recommend reading them in this order.
Links from within the presentation
These are specific posts I referred to.
- “Content Strategy: The Philosophy of Data,” by Rachel Lovinger
- “The Elements of Content Strategy,” by Jason Santa Maria
- “Demystifying Content Strategy: Part I: The Term,” by Nicole Jones
- “Why Content Strategy Is a Big Deal for UX Professionals,” by Jonathan Kahn
- “You Are All in Publishing!” by Jeffrey Zeldman
- “Fear, Loathing, and Content Strategy,” by Elizabeth McGuane
- “Approaches to Web Content Strategy,” by Richard Ingram
- “Step-by-Step Templates for Mapping Your B2B Content,” by Barbra Gago
- “Get a Grip of Your Web Content,” by Richard Ingram
- “Partners for the Content Strategist,” by Richard Ingram
(The complete deck is at the end.)
- Content Strategy Seattle is the local meetup group. We get together once a month. You should come.
- Confab is the supreme content strategy conference in the US. It’s sold out this year, but you can get on the list for 2012.
- But if you can get to London in September, the Content Strategy Forum is the place to be. (Wish I could go.)
- The content strategy Google group.
- The content strategy group on LinkedIn.
- Look for content strategists on Twitter. Figure out who’s interesting and follow them. (We all love our little cults.) You can rifle my list of people I follow.It’s chock full of wisdom, and also stuff completely unrelated to CS.
Other useful links
- Brain Traffic is Kristina Halvorson’s CS consultancy. The blog is invaluable.
- There are many more blogs than I can keep up with. A sampling: Notes on Content, Contentini,The Content Strategy Noob, and Scatter/Gather.
- Intentional Design is doing a whole series on content strategy deliverables. If you’re taking the plunge, this is a great place to learn the crawl and the butterfly and a bunch of other strokes. Also CPR.
I’ll think of more the minute I finish this post, but one has to cut things off sometime. Questions? Ping me at james at scarequot.es. Or just, you know, comment.